The Knox School in Saint James is a nonsectarian, independent college preparatory boarding and day school for grades six through twelve with a post graduate year. Knox provides students with a strong and supportive academic program, a familial environment, small class sizes, and enriching arts and athletic programs.
View our current openings
The Recruitment and Admissions Officer is an integral part of the Admissions Office. Reporting to the Director of Enrollment Management, this full-time twelve-month position is primarily responsible for recruiting prospective students by representing The Knox School at domestic and international fairs, leading information sessions, campus tours and other admissions-related events; building and cultivating relationships with feeder schools, educational consultants, and international sending agencies; and advising prospective students and their parents throughout the enrollment cycle.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Represent The Knox School at off-campus, on-campus, and online recruitment events and execute multi-channel communication plans to follow up with prospective students and consultant or agency partners
- Research, identify, and develop recruitment opportunities with feeder schools, educational consultants and international sending agencies
- Plan and coordinate outreach events including off-campus visits and on-campus admissions activities such as open house and revisit days
- Conduct in-person tours and online information sessions for students, parents, consultants, and agency partners
- Proactively reach out to prospective students and applicants at key intervention points to encourage application submission, secure enrollment decisions, and ensure the completion of required next steps for admitted students
- Provide high-level customer service via email, telephone, and face to face communications with prospective parents, students, feeder schools, consultants, and agency partners
- Conduct student applicant interviews
- Read applications and make admission decision recommendations as a member of the Admissions Committee
- Proactively contribute to the development of annual recruitment strategies
- Actively engage and support the School’s commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community
- Promote the School’s mission and embody the core values of the School
- Assist with other programs and school-wide events, and perform other duties as assigned or requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Experience in admissions, recruitment, marketing/sales, or other similar fast-paced client service-oriented environment preferred
- Prior work or student experience in a boarding or independent K-12 school setting is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent communicator and influencer
- Strong presentation skills (verbal and written), and experience presenting in small group and large group settings, and to a variety of audiences
- Possess an enthusiasm for working with young people, a desire to travel, and an ability to connect with a diverse group of families, consultants, and sending agencies
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong organization and time-management skills; must be able to multitask effectively
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals and maintain high degree of accountability
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally; work evenings and weekends, as needed
- Fluency in using technology applications including MS Office Suite, Google Suite, and similar products
- Ability to work independently as well as receive direction
- Sound problem-solving and decision-making abilities, both as an independent entity, and as part of a team
- Ability to handle confidential information in a mature, professional manner
The Knox School of Saint James, New York, is currently seeking a full-time Content Designer and Social Media Coordinator to take our marketing efforts to new heights.
This creative professional will join a small marketing and communications team tasked with publishing content on all social media channels, the Knox website, and through e-communications, to grow an audience, build brand awareness, and ultimately boost student enrollment.
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Content Designer & Social Media Coordinator will:
- Plan, create, publish and share new content (including original text, images, and video) on a daily basis that builds meaningful audience connections, increases brand awareness, and encourages followers to engage with the brand
- Photograph, shoot video, edit and prepare digital content for The Knox School’s website and other communications channels as necessary
- Execute graphic design for print, web, and digital communication (promotional materials, presentation materials for School, web graphics/ads, etc.)
- Support the Athletics Department by creating social media content that showcases sports teams, athletes, and various accomplishments
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Monitor social media metrics and maintain a social media publishing calendar that will build on the success of high-performing campaigns
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Strong social media experience – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite & Canva
- Experience with digital photography, video creation, and editing
- Experience using WordPress is preferred, but not required
- Excellent writing skills for long-form posts and microblogging
- Is detail-oriented and has the ability to execute multiple projects at once
- Is extroverted, and has a positive personality that will encourage students to be highlighted through social media and marketing efforts
- Has working knowledge of competitive sports and sports communication
Education & Work Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Media Arts, or a related field
- Communications or English majors with design experience will also be considered
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in design or social media marketing is required
This is a 40-hour-per-week, 12-month position with a flexible work schedule that may require holding evening and (occasional) weekend hours. A part-time schedule may be available for the right candidate.
Please submit a letter of interest, résumé, or CV via email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. A portfolio of work and writing sample will be requested. No phone calls, faxes, or unsolicited visits, please.
The Knox School of Saint James, NY, a nonsectarian, independent college preparatory boarding and day school for grades six through twelve with a post-graduate year, is accepting applications for a part-time theater technician to support the Performing Arts Department’s Spring Musical and The Knox School’s end-of-year ceremonies.
Working alongside the Theater Director and Director of Technology, the Technician will support the department in the following ways:
- Hanging, cabling, addressing, and focusing fixtures
- Console operation
- Installing and cabling speakers
- Assembling amp racks
- Tuning audio systems
- Operating audio console
- Operating lighting and sound equipment for the Spring Musical, School Talent Show, Awards Ceremonies, and Commencement
- Conducting maintenance and repair of facility equipment
- Assisting in the installation, operation, and strike of all shows and events
- Other duties as assigned
Hours will be Monday-Friday, 3:00-6:30 p.m. or later if necessary, and on weekends leading up to the performance (this schedule will be determined by the Theater Director). Some evening and weekend hours will be required for end-of-year ceremonies in late May-early June.
Interested candidates should submit a résumé via email to email@example.com. No phone calls, faxes, or unsolicited visits, please. A background check and fingerprinting are required for all positions at The Knox School.
The Knox School, of St. James NY, a nonsectarian independent college preparatory boarding and day school for grades six through twelve with a post-graduate year is expanding its faculty and currently accepting applications for a middle and upper school Math teacher for grades nine through twelve. The Knox School provides students with a strong and supportive academic program, a familial environment, small class sizes, and enriching arts and athletic programs.
The Math Teacher will become a member of a dynamic academic team led by the Dean of Academics and will be responsible for teaching up to 6 classes and maintaining the professional responsibilities including, but not limited to, posting of grades and assignments, and communicating with students and families. Class sizes range from 4 to 12 students.
Our ideal candidate is an energetic and articulate team player. This person will have excellent communication and organizational skills, strong classroom management skills, and will be passionate about promoting college-level work to our students. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Math. Preference will be given to a strong candidate with a Masters’s degree and/or teacher certification.
Teachers at The Knox School are expected to coach or assist with an after-school activity for two terms. Faculty housing is available on a limited basis but is not mandatory for employment. Interested candidates should submit a resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, faxes or unsolicited visits, please.
The Knox School of Saint James, NY, a nonsectarian, independent college preparatory boarding and day school for grades six through twelve with a post-graduate year, is currently accepting applications for a parttime and fulltime weekday and weekend per diem bus driver for immediate placement. The Knox School provides students with a strong and supportive academic program, a familial environment, small class sizes, and enriching arts and athletic programs. Experience driving in NYC and the interstate a plus.
The position requires the driver to transport students to and from school. The hours are 5:15 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Additional hours during the week and weekend are available to drive students and faculty to special events, field trips, & sporting events. The position requires the ability to pre/post trip vehicle inspection, act & react in a mature professional manner, be responsible for the safe and timely operation of school bus van. The potential candidates must have good verbal communication skills, be dedicated, reliable and a team player. The rate of pay is $21.00 an hour.
- Possess a valid NYS CDL with “P” and “S” Endorsements, 19A qualified & fingerprinted
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background criminal investigation, fingerprinting, drug test, NYS DOT physical, & physical performance test. Pass all NYS 19A mandatory testing
- HS diploma or equivalent must have maintained a CDL for the past two years & have a clean driving abstract
- Provide three positive work references