The Knox School has a long tradition of welcoming students from around the world. International students come from 15 different countries to call “Our Home Beside the Shore” their home away from home. Our international students come from Greece, Turkey, Vietnam, Egypt, Tunisia, China, Russia, Colombia, South Sudan, Korea, Italy, Spain, and Lithuania to name a few of the countries represented on campus. International students at Knox participate in every aspect of campus life, from student council to community outreach to the performing arts. At Knox we are proud to celebrate the different cultures and backgrounds our international students bring to campus.
Knox provides international students, parents, and consultants with a thorough support system. Guidance and support is available to international students from faculty members, advisors, and dorm parents. Students receive academic support through our ESL Program, TOEFL & SAT prep, and individualized academic assistance through our BOOST Academic Support Program.
- Application Process
- International Financial Aid Profile
- ENL Program
- English Language & Academic Testing Requirements
The admissions process is the same for international and domestic students. However, students whose first language is not English are expected to take the TOEFL exam or the iTEP exam in addition to the other required tests. During the application process, most of our international applicants visit our campus for their required interview and tour. However, if a visit to campus is not possible, it is possible that a member of our Admission Team can interview in your home area. Please see our Admission in Your Home Area to see when we will be in your area.
Skype Interviews are a third possible option for completing your interview requirement. We offer Skype interviews on specific dates.
International families who are applying for financial aid must first download and complete the following
Please submit the completed financial aid profile to email: email@example.com or mail to
Admissions at The Knox School
541 Long Beach Road
Saint James, New York 11780
The Knox ENL Program provides a comprehensive study of both spoken and written English to international students in need of such instruction. The ENL program enables these students to converse with ease in English and prepares students for the TOEFL, SAT and other standardized testing in preparation for admission to selective American colleges and universities.
- ENL classes are small and are offered for a variety of ability levels.
- A low student-to-teacher ratio encourages accelerated learning.
- Extra help is available from subject area specialists.
- Advisors regularly meet with each ENL student to review individual progress and provide academic guidance and emotional support.
- ENL students interact extensively with English-speaking students in mainstream classes, at arranged-seating dinner tables, and on sports teams, as well as during school activities, field trips and leisure time.
For more information on the ENL courses please see ESL Program