Welcome to The Knox School Parent and Student Association Page! Current parents, guardians and students are encouraged to use this webpage to stay abreast of the activities of the association, to easily link to other areas of interest such as our Facebook Group and to communicate your questions and ideas. We are a volunteer organization who aims to foster relationships among Knox families and to enrich the experiences of Knox students, faculty and the administration.
Your involvement with this association will not only enrich your child’s experience, but help you feel part of the Knox family. Whether you wish to serve on a PSA Committee, volunteer to assist with School fundraising events, donate a few hours coordinating efforts for a campus events, your time will be greatly valued. In addition, your donations of items or supplies for concession sale, raffle baskets and auction items are always appreciated.
Whether you live near to Knox or far, we look forward to working with each and every one of you!
The Knox School Parents & Student Association
The Knox School Parents’ Association is an organization of caring and concerned parents and guardians dedicated to serving and supporting The Knox Mission and the School community. The Association is organized for the following purposes and objectives:
- To promote a close relationship between families and The Knox School including faculty, administration, staff, and the Board of Trustees, that they may co-operate to the fullest extent in the education of the School’s students;
- To promote communication within the School community;
- To develop good fellowship and friendships within the school environment while emphasizing the dignity of all nationalities and cultures;
- To advance the ideals of global understanding and goodwill;
- To raise funds for School related activities and programs and;
- To promote the School in the local, regional, national and international community.
The Knox School Parent Association Meeting
Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 7:00 pm
- Meeting called to order - 7:05 pm
- Welcome Message from Parent Association Co-President Karen Palmer
- Treasurer’s Report - none at this time
- Summer Registration - PSA hosted a meet and greet and sold uniforms and items from the Nest.
- Fall Family BBQ - PSA donated mums and provided goody bags (Knox reusable shopping bags) to the parents.
- Fall Family Weekend - PSA donated Knox gear baskets; four $25 Falcon’s Nest Gift Cards and popcorn maker; sold $500 in Knox athletic wear
- PSA established regular hours for the Falcon’s Nest - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - 3:45 to 5:15 pm
- Falcons Nest - Gift Cards - This is a prepaid reloadable card, suggestion to be called the “Nest Egg”. Funds raised by PSA go back to the school in many different ways. For example - PSA purchased all of the chairs in the library.
- Treasurer’s Report
- Boardingware Presentation [Ms. Adams] - Some highlights of this presentation:
- The rollout of Boardingware has been a success so far
- This app is being used also for emergency preparedness and communication
- Day students are assigned to a dorm for tracking purposes
- PSA Holiday Party @ Houghton, Saturday, Dec 1 @ 7pm to 11pm - Holiday theme - wine & cheese/appetizers and live music
- Event committee is forming now; we welcome new volunteers
- Kristen Matera to look into having the tree decorated early so that the tree is up for the party; Taylor Rental high top table rentals; tablecloths and quotes for catering, drinks and music
- Decorations color scheme to depend upon whether the tree is up (red colors or Winter Wonderland colors); poinsettias suggested
- Spiced eggnog or Sangria possible signature drink
- PSA will cover the faculty/staff
- Save the date to go out this week to include Student Life will be hosting an event for the children; Karyn Bush to update Facebook, etc.
- Joyce Smith to contact Lisa Lussardi regarding sub-account for Holiday Party tickets
- Cookbook Fundraiser -
- Target for distribution is for the International Fair
- Virginia Riccardi volunteered to assist with student coordination
- Crew and Equestrian Fundraisers
- Crew needs many items - oars, etc.
- Equestrian also could use donations raised by these fundraisers
- Jennifer Abaunza will research branded clothing options for sale
- Concessions Volunteers Needed - Fall Theatrical Production - 11/9 & 11/10 8:00 pm
- PSA email - email@example.com
- Assistant Head of School Update - Virginia Riccardi -
- New English teacher, Mr. James Malpino to replace Dr. Macaluso
- SAT prep is available for the students @ Knox on the weekend prior to the actual SAT test
- Open house - 11/3
- Halloween All School Trick or Treating and Haunted House/dance - 10/31
- Fall Theatrical Production - 11/9 & 11/10 8pm
- Finals Week - 11/12 thru 11/15
- Thanksgiving Break - 11/16 thru 11/27
Next PSA Meeting:
Wednesday, November 28
Meeting closed @ 8:28 pm
Co-President Karen Palmer P'19 and Co-Secretary Susan Katz P'22 work at the Parents' Association Concession for the January 28th Knox Prep Basketball Game.
Whether you are a parent, a guardian or a grandparent, there are many ways you can make a difference in your child’s experience at Knox. You can serve on a committee, support our fundraising efforts with your gifts and/or time, attend athletic games and performing arts events or join meetings virtually from a distance. Your involvement is important to our school family and visiting this website often is a great way to stay informed about the many programs and activities going on at Knox.
Please take a close look at the Parents’ Association Committees described below. With today’s technology, members of committees do not always have to meet personally. We encourage you to make a difference by participating in a Parents’ Association Committee.
To communicate your interest in a committee and/or to ask specific questions about the Parents’ Association and its activities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Athletics Committee
- Arts Committee
- Events Committee
- Student & Residential Life Committee
- Spirit Wear Committee
- Advancement & Scholarship Committee
- Service Learning Support Committee
Members of this committee will serve as liaisons between the Parents’ Association and the Athletic Department to foster communication between the Athletic Director, coaches and School families. Responsibilities may include advising the Parents’ Association on upcoming games/meets, concession opportunities and other ways to support our student athletes.
“Arts” Committee members serve as liaisons between the Parents’ Association and the School’s Visual and Performing Arts Department to provide information to parents regarding “Arts” news and activities. They work with the department chair to coordinate concessions for visual and performing arts events and to make the School community aware of ways to support our student visual artists and performers.
The goal of this committee is to support events sponsored by the School, its alumni and the Parents’ Association. Members promote Parents’ Association socials and assist the School’s Advancement Department with fundraising events to benefit Knox. They may also provide outreach to encourage attendance at events by School families.