The Knox School in Saint James is a nonsectarian, independent college preparatory boarding and day school for grades six through twelve with a post graduate year. Knox provides students with a strong and supportive academic program, a familial environment, small class sizes, and enriching arts and athletic programs.
The Knox School of Saint James, NY, a nonsectarian, independent college preparatory boarding and day school for grades six through twelve with a post-graduate year, is currently accepting applications for a parttime and fulltime weekday and weekend per diem bus driver for immediate placement. The Knox School provides students with a strong and supportive academic program, a familial environment, small class sizes, and enriching arts and athletic programs. Experience driving in NYC and the interstate a plus.
The Weekend and weekday position requires the driver to transport students and faculty to special events, field trips, & sporting events. The position requires the ability to pre/post trip vehicle inspection, act & react in a mature professional manner, be responsible for the safe and timely operation of school bus van. The potential candidates must have good verbal communication skills, be dedicated, reliable and a team player. The rate of pay is $20.00 an hour.
- Possess a valid NYS CDL with “P” and “S” Endorsements, 19A qualified & fingerprinted
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background criminal investigation, fingerprinting, drug test, NYS DOT physical, & physical performance test. Pass all NYS 19A mandatory testing
- HS diploma or equivalent must have maintained a CDL for the past two years & have a clean driving abstract
- Provide three positive work references
The Knox School is an equal opportunity employer and serious inquiries should submit a résumé via email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, faxes or unsolicited visits, please.
THE KNOX SCHOOL SUMMER ADVENTURES
POSITION: Aquatics Director
CAMP DATES: June 27th, 2019- August 23rd, 2019
Knox Summer Adventures is seeking a Camp Aquatics Director for the Summer 2019 season. The Camp Aquatics Director must meet the following requirements, per New York State guidelines. In addition, the Aquatics Director will manage and maintain the aquatics equipment, including but not limited to; kayaks, paddle boards, pool, life jackets, testing kits, aquatic toys, etc.) The candidates should be able to demonstrate expertise in delegating Lifeguards, WSI’s and the Beach Activities Coordinator. The candidate must be a ready and willing team member and offer support to the Director and Assistant Camp Director as needed.
NYS Camp Aquatics Director Requirements:
“A camp aquatics director must oversee all swimming activities that occur at swimming pools and bathing beaches operated as part of a children’s camp. This person shall supervise lifeguards and other required staff during swimming activities and implement the camp safety plan. The camp aquatics director must: “
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have a minimum of: − one season of previous experience as a camp aquatics director at a New York State children’s camp; or − two seasons of previous experience consisting of at least 12 weeks as a children’s camp lifeguard which had more than one lifeguard supervising it at a time; or − 18 weeks of previous experience as a lifeguard at a swimming pool or bathing beach, which had more than one lifeguard supervising it at a time.
- Hold an accepted and current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate
- Annually review and document the review of the camp’s safety plan for swimming
- Possess current certification in a training course for lifeguard supervision and management as described below:
- Lifeguard Management – certifications must be accompanied by a separate certification indicating in-person testing session. (American Red Cross)
- Lifeguarding Instructor (American Red Cross)
- Waterfront Lifeguarding Instructor (American Red Cross), or
- Aquatics Instructor, BSA (Boy Scouts of America), or
- New York State Lifeguard Management (New York State Department of Environmental Conservation)
Position: Head Soccer Coach
Job Type: Contract/Seasonal
Experience: 2+ yrs
The Knox School is seeking a Head Soccer Coach for the Fall 2019 season. The Head Soccer Coach will be responsible for conducting daily practice from 3:00 p.m.-5: 00 p.m. and be present at all home and away games. In order to maintain the peak physical performance of our athletes, the Head Soccer coach will devise and implement a workout regimen for the off season. Qualified applicants should have prior coaching/playing experience, knowledge of the game and passion for the sport of soccer. The Head Coach will also have the opportunity to direct camps and clinics on campus for the community and prospective student-athletes; with the approval of Administration. In doing so, the candidate will create strong ties within the community and aid in fundraising and developing the program. Through the program's growth, the Head Soccer Coach will receive support from the Athletic Department and Administration to maximize the teams local and national visibility. In order to create a highly competitive team, the candidate must be confident in executing all precursor information.
The Knox School seeks a candidate that has a coaching philosophy in line with The Knox Core Values (Integrity, Courage, Scholarship, Respect, Responsibility, Kindness). The candidate must be able to effectively communicate with players, parents, and administration on a regular basis. The Head Soccer Coach will be mainly responsible for the Varsity Soccer Team and oversee JV Soccer. Ultimately, the candidate should create a fun, safe and enriching environment for the student-athletes.
Please send a copy of your resume and a short summary of your coaching philosophy to Athletic Director Majestic Mapp at email@example.com.