The Knox School in Saint James is a nonsectarian, independent college preparatory boarding and day school for grades six through twelve with a post graduate year. Knox provides students with a strong and supportive academic program, a familial environment, small class sizes, and enriching arts and athletic programs.
- Development and External Relations Officer
- Bus Driver
- Knox Summer Adventures - Aquatics Director
- Head Soccer Coach
The Knox School is seeking an experienced Development and External Affairs Officer. As part of the School’s Advancement Department, the Development and External Affairs Officer will be responsible for organizing, coordinating, and implementing all of The Knox School’s Special Events, fundraising efforts, and Annual Fund Campaigns. This person will have experience fundraising, planning events and will possess a proven track record of meeting financial goals while cultivating relationships within and outside of the School Community.
This position requires regular communication with members of the Administration, Parent Student Association, Board of Directors, Faculty, Staff, Sponsors, Donors, and Vendors. This person will also have experience working with a large international population, as you will help with local and international admissions on occasion.
This person must have a self-confident, extroverted style that can enliven, engage and positively impact individuals and groups. The job has a variety of tasks and is dynamic and changing daily. Because goals and desired results can quickly change, the job requires regularly meeting and pro-actively establishing relationships with new groups. The ability to understand, quickly react and motivate others to adapt to the changing organization environment is a critical key to success.
- Directly responsible for all aspects of The Knox School’s Annual Fund Campaign which includes mailings, email campaigns, solicitation phone calls and various annual fundraising initiatives throughout the year.
- Directly responsible for organizing, coordinating, and implementing all special events including the Fall Gala, Fall Family Weekend Luncheon and Auction, Alumni Reunion Weekend, Grandparents’ & Special Friends’ Day, the KATA Awards, and the Senior Dinner.
- Identify, cultivate and meet with new and returning sponsors, donors and Knox School families to achieve fundraising goals.
- Utilize reporting and analysis tools to determine fundraising effectiveness.
- Update and maintain donor records in Raiser’s Edge database.
- Work alongside the Marketing and Communication Director in creating all publications, print and digital marketing materials related to development.
- Serve as the key point of contact for our Parent Student Association and Alumni Association.
- Plan and implement a strategy to collect and communicate alumni data and accomplishments.
- Attend Special Events, Staff/Board Development Committee meetings, Parent Student Association, and Alumni Association meetings.
- Help create and post content to The Knox School’s social media platforms.
- Perform other related duties as requested by his/her immediate supervisor.
- Proven track record in fundraising such as Annual Fund solicitation, securing meetings with donors, closing and stewarding gifts and sponsorships in the $10,000+ range.
- 3-10 years of fundraising experience.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a related field is required and a Master's Degree is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, Raiser’s Edge, and constant contact.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and public speaking.
- Demonstrated skill in communicating professionally and effectively with all levels of staff, donors, vendors and families.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence but also as a team member, decision-making capability and be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize, manage tasks and meet deadlines.
- The best candidate for this position has strong initiative, enjoys making connections with people, is motivated and achieves results.
Please email resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls will be accepted.
The Knox School of Saint James, NY, a nonsectarian, independent college preparatory boarding and day school for grades six through twelve with a post-graduate year, is currently accepting applications for a parttime and fulltime weekday and weekend per diem bus driver for immediate placement. The Knox School provides students with a strong and supportive academic program, a familial environment, small class sizes, and enriching arts and athletic programs. Experience driving in NYC and the interstate a plus.
The Weekend and weekday position requires the driver to transport students and faculty to special events, field trips, & sporting events. The position requires the ability to pre/post trip vehicle inspection, act & react in a mature professional manner, be responsible for the safe and timely operation of school bus van. The potential candidates must have good verbal communication skills, be dedicated, reliable and a team player. The rate of pay is $20.00 an hour.
- Possess a valid NYS CDL with “P” and “S” Endorsements, 19A qualified & fingerprinted
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background criminal investigation, fingerprinting, drug test, NYS DOT physical, & physical performance test. Pass all NYS 19A mandatory testing
- HS diploma or equivalent must have maintained a CDL for the past two years & have a clean driving abstract
- Provide three positive work references
The Knox School is an equal opportunity employer and serious inquiries should submit a résumé via email to Human Resources at email@example.com. No phone calls, faxes or unsolicited visits, please.
THE KNOX SCHOOL SUMMER ADVENTURES
POSITION: Aquatics Director
CAMP DATES: June 27th, 2019- August 23rd, 2019
Knox Summer Adventures is seeking a Camp Aquatics Director for the Summer 2019 season. The Camp Aquatics Director must meet the following requirements, per New York State guidelines. In addition, the Aquatics Director will manage and maintain the aquatics equipment, including but not limited to; kayaks, paddle boards, pool, life jackets, testing kits, aquatic toys, etc.) The candidates should be able to demonstrate expertise in delegating Lifeguards, WSI’s and the Beach Activities Coordinator. The candidate must be a ready and willing team member and offer support to the Director and Assistant Camp Director as needed.
NYS Camp Aquatics Director Requirements:
“A camp aquatics director must oversee all swimming activities that occur at swimming pools and bathing beaches operated as part of a children’s camp. This person shall supervise lifeguards and other required staff during swimming activities and implement the camp safety plan. The camp aquatics director must: “
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have a minimum of: − one season of previous experience as a camp aquatics director at a New York State children’s camp; or − two seasons of previous experience consisting of at least 12 weeks as a children’s camp lifeguard which had more than one lifeguard supervising it at a time; or − 18 weeks of previous experience as a lifeguard at a swimming pool or bathing beach, which had more than one lifeguard supervising it at a time.
- Hold an accepted and current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate
- Annually review and document the review of the camp’s safety plan for swimming
- Possess current certification in a training course for lifeguard supervision and management as described below:
- Lifeguard Management – certifications must be accompanied by a separate certification indicating in-person testing session. (American Red Cross)
- Lifeguarding Instructor (American Red Cross)
- Waterfront Lifeguarding Instructor (American Red Cross), or
- Aquatics Instructor, BSA (Boy Scouts of America), or
- New York State Lifeguard Management (New York State Department of Environmental Conservation)
Position: Head Soccer Coach
Job Type: Contract/Seasonal
Experience: 2+ yrs
The Knox School is seeking a Head Soccer Coach for the Fall 2019 season. The Head Soccer Coach will be responsible for conducting daily practice from 3:00 p.m.-5: 00 p.m. and be present at all home and away games. In order to maintain the peak physical performance of our athletes, the Head Soccer coach will devise and implement a workout regimen for the off season. Qualified applicants should have prior coaching/playing experience, knowledge of the game and passion for the sport of soccer. The Head Coach will also have the opportunity to direct camps and clinics on campus for the community and prospective student-athletes; with the approval of Administration. In doing so, the candidate will create strong ties within the community and aid in fundraising and developing the program. Through the program's growth, the Head Soccer Coach will receive support from the Athletic Department and Administration to maximize the teams local and national visibility. In order to create a highly competitive team, the candidate must be confident in executing all precursor information.
The Knox School seeks a candidate that has a coaching philosophy in line with The Knox Core Values (Integrity, Courage, Scholarship, Respect, Responsibility, Kindness). The candidate must be able to effectively communicate with players, parents, and administration on a regular basis. The Head Soccer Coach will be mainly responsible for the Varsity Soccer Team and oversee JV Soccer. Ultimately, the candidate should create a fun, safe and enriching environment for the student-athletes.
Please send a copy of your resume and a short summary of your coaching philosophy to Athletic Director Majestic Mapp at firstname.lastname@example.org.