The Knox School in Saint James is a nonsectarian, independent college preparatory boarding and day school for grades six through twelve with a post graduate year. Knox provides students with a strong and supportive academic program, a familial environment, small class sizes, and enriching arts and athletic programs.
The weekend and weekday position requires the driver to transport students and faculty to special events, field trips, & sporting events. The position requires the ability to conduct pre/post trip vehicle inspections, act & react in a mature professional manner, and be responsible for the safe and timely operation of the school bus van. The potential candidates must have good verbal communication skills, be dedicated, reliable and a team player. The rate of pay is $20.00 an hour.
- Possess a valid NYS CDL with “P” and “S” Endorsements, 19A qualified & fingerprinted
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background criminal investigation, drug test, NYS DOT physical, & physical performance test. Pass all NYS 19A mandatory testing
- HS diploma or equivalent, must have maintained a CDL for the past two years & have a clean driving abstract
- Provide three positive work references
The Knox School is an equal opportunity employer. Serious inquiries should submit a résumé via email to Human Resources at email@example.com . No phone calls, faxes or unsolicited visits, please.
The History Department Chair will become a member of a dynamic Academic Team led by the Assistant Head of School and will be responsible for teaching United States History, World History and AP United States History.
Our ideal candidate is an energetic and articulate team player. This person will have excellent communication and organizational skills, strong classroom management skills and will be passionate in promoting History achievement in our students. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of teaching experience at a boarding school and a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in History. Preference will be given to candidates who have Department Chair experience and who possess a master’s degree.
Teachers at The Knox School are expected to coach up to two seasons of sports, live in the dormitory and serve as dorm parents. Interested candidates who are willing to live and work in a residential program should submit a résumé via email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, faxes or unsolicited visits, please.
The Theatre, Vocal & Dance teacher will become a member of a dynamic Academic Team led by the Assistant Head of School. The Theatre, Vocal & Dance teacher will teach all Middle and Upper School required Theatre, vocal and dance classes and electives, direct one full scale musical and one play, supervise the technical aspects of stage productions and facilitate on campus performances and events. He/she is expected to work with students in small and large settings to improve their theatrical, vocal and dance skills.
Our ideal candidate is an energetic and articulate team player. This person will have excellent communication and organizational skills and will be passionate in promoting theatre at The Knox School. A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in theatre or a related field is required. . Preference will be given to candidates who also possess a master’s degree.
Teachers at The Knox School are required to participate in residential life duties which include dorm and weekend duty. Interested candidates should submit a résumé via email to Human Resources at opportunities@KnoxSchool.org. No phone calls, faxes or unsolicited visits, please.
- Assist in the direction and instruction of Fencing.
- Ability to mentor and motivate student-athletes in the sport of Fencing
- Assist in the planning, organization and direction of all Fencing Practices.
- Understand the rules governing the sport of Fencing.
- Communicate regularly with student-athletes and parents.
- Assist in attracting quality student-athletes to The Knox School.
- Communicate effectively with the Athletic Office
- Comply with The Knox School’s Employee Handbook.
- Work with the School to market and promote the program
- Previous Fencing experience at the College Level
- Minimum 1 year coaching experience (within a school setting preferred)
- Ability to travel to and from athletics contests and practices between the hours of 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Associate Degree; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license