- Does my child have to attend the same days each week?
- Are the groups co-ed?
- Do the campers get to choose their activities?
- My son/daughter is not very athletic; will he/she be forced to do something that he/she doesn’t want to do?
- My child burns easily; will sunscreen be applied?
- Will campers have access to water throughout the day?
- Can my child be placed in a group with his/her friend(s)?
- Do all campers get to ride the horses?
- Is lunch included?
- My child is a picky eater; will there be something for him to eat?
- Can I send in food with my child?
- My child has bad allergies and needs an Epi-pen.
- My child has a serious fear of... (bees, dogs, birds, thunder, loud noises, spiders, water, etc.), I want to make sure his/her counselor is aware of this.
- Can my neighbor pick up my child at the end of the day if I can’t make it?
- What about when it is really hot, or raining?
- Why do you charge a change fee if I need to switch days?
No - campers follow a rotating schedule of pre-planned activities. Since there are more activities than there are periods in a day, certain activities may not occur daily. If campers are not scheduled for Chess one day, chances are it will be on their schedule within the next 2 days. Plus, we have many NEW and EXCITING activities each year!!
We allow one buddy-request per camper. The request must be reciprocated and the children must be attending camp on the same days. We do not guarantee buddy-requests, but we do everything we can to accommodate your requests. Keep in mind that we also encourage the children to make new friends and sometimes that can be hindered if they are in a group of “old friends.”
Our ‘Parent/Child Questionnaire” which must be filled out before camp starts, gives you the opportunity to tell us all about your child and his/her personality. Each counselor gets a list of health considerations for their campers so they are aware of any personal issues that may be relevant. PLEASE BE DILIGENT ABOUT GETTING ALL FORMS BACK TO US IN A TIMELY MANNER! You can download all necessary forms off our website.
We pay close attention to the local weather reports. In the case of extreme heat (heat advisory), we modify the activities to keep the children cooler and less physically active, and place sprinklers on the fields. In the case of rain, we implement our rainy-day schedule, which will bring the campers inside. The pool is strictly prohibited during inclement weather.